When you are ready to get help for your pet’s problem behavior, next decide where you would like your pet to be seen. Your choices are Clinic Appointment (preferred), House Call (by special arrangement and at Dr. Schwartz’s discretion), or Telephone Consult (currently available in California, Maryland, Massachusetts, and New York).
Please read the details provided on this page and then email Dr. Schwartz at email@example.com and provide your contact information; she will call you to answer any questions and to schedule your appointment.
- Dr. Schwartz prefers to meet with you and evaluate your pet in person. It is not necessary to see your pet actually displaying the problem behaviors. These can be described or videotaped (often on your cell phone) and viewed by Dr. Schwartz during your appointment. Clinic appointments have the added advantage of laboratory services on site for your convenience.
- Clinic Appointments are offered at the Veterinary Neurology Center (Tustin, CA; Monday-Friday) and California Veterinary Specialists (Carlsbad, CA; Tuesday only).
- Payment is by credit card or personal check with appropriate identification (valid driver’s license). Laboratory fees are not included in the consult fees.
Telephone Consults may be the most convenient and may be the only option if you live outside of Southern California. Your description and pet’s history are enough for Dr. Schwartz to evaluate your pet. Please email any video file in advance of the appointment if you think this will be helpful. Laboratory tests may be recommended. Please ask your veterinarian to forward lab results to Dr. Schwartz as soon as they are available. Medication cannot be prescribed without current laboratory results. If you are within travel distance to a clinic consult, telephone consults regarding aggressive pets may not be offered at Dr. Schwartz’s discretion.
House Calls are by special arrangement in Orange County, although house calls beyond the OC can be discussed. House call fees apply and vary depending on your location and the distance traveled. Travel fees must be paid in advance along with a $50 deposit toward the consult fee. Please discuss this option with Dr. Schwartz prior to your appointment. At Dr. Schwartz’s discretion, house calls may not be offered to dogs who have a history of biting or are in quarantine. Laboratory tests may be recommended. Please ask your veterinarian to forward lab results to Dr. Schwartz as soon as they are available. Medication cannot be prescribed without current laboratory results.
An Additional Pet Fee applies if more than one pet is involved in the same problem. For example, if 2 housemates are fighting the fee would be $360 + $50 for the first appointment and $225 + $50 if a follow up appointment is needed. This fee is necessary because cases that involve multiple pets are more complicated and will likely require more communication between scheduled appointments.
When is Payment Due?
Clinic appointments are paid at the time of your consultation. In some cases, such as for house calls, a portion of your fee will be requested in advance. All Telephone Consult fees are due in advance by credit card payment only. House call travel fees must be paid in advance. Please discuss the fee with Dr. Schwartz before making any payment (below).
- 1st Consult (approx. 2 hours) $360
- Recheck (1-2 hours) $235
- Additional Pet $50
- Deposit (If Requested) $50
A discount of $50 applies to the 1st visit for:
- Seniors 65+
- Military families
- Single parent families
- $150 T4 or Free T4 (FT4) or Lead Level or Phenobarbital Level
- $165 CBC + Chemistry / Estradiol or Testosterone or Progesterone (Hormone E,T,P) / T4 + FT4 (Thyroid Panel 2)
- $185 CBC + Chemistry + T4
- $215 CBC + Chemistry + T4 + FT4 /Thyr Panel 4 (T4, FT4, TSH, Thyr AA)
- $240 Canine (K9) Tick Panel / Feline Screen (FeLV, FIV, FIP, Toxo)
Travel Fees (House calls only & based on travel from OC):
- $150 Tier 1
- $250 Tier 2
- $350 Tier 3
- $500 Tier 4
After you have scheduled your appointment and discussed your fee with Dr. Schwartz, you may pay for your telephone consult in advance by clicking on the button below. Clinic visits are paid following the consult. Home visits will require the travel fee and deposit to be paid in advance. Please make your fee selections below; this will take you to a secure web site for credit card payment processed by PayPal.